SAJIDA Foundation initiated a survey to gather information about the concerns and challenges faced by the urban extreme poor members of its Amrao Manush Program during the lockdown period. The survey was conducted by interviewing 572 beneﬁciaries based in Dhaka and Chattogram over the phone. Following are some insights that emerged as a result:
- 88% of the respondents do not currently have any income
- 94% of the respondents are skipping meals
- 91% are afraid of getting infected
- 26% of the respondents were victims of health and coronavirus related harassment
- 55% of the respondents reported an increase in violence
The initial ﬁndings reﬂect the challenging realities currently plaguing the urban poor. SAJIDA Foundation will draw on these learnings to immediately operationalize necessary interventions. A detailed report on the survey ﬁndings will be shared on SAJIDA’s website.
Visit this link to ﬁnd the survey: https://bit.ly/2WRbjPH